Thursday, July 10, 2008

In the life of a family with a 16 year old licensed driver

This is not our first wreck , but it is the first that is our fault. Jacob was driving home from basketball and and just dropped off some friends at their house. It was about 10:30 pm, he was only a minute away from home. He needed to be in by 11:00 so he was even on time. But, he didn't see the car that was going 60 mph, pulled out slowly and heard Amaleki scream "Jake...." , then boom. No one was hurt badly but we, going through a financially tough time, only had liability. So our 2000 BMW is no more. Well, it actually is in our garage, but no more to be used on dates, go to seminary, take Rick to work, or go on business trips. Rick and I didn't get upset at all. To tell the truth, we were so happy someone didn't end up dead, or really hurt. I told Rick I don't even miss the car. I love my boys and am so glad that their time was not up yet. Love your family, you don't know when they leave the house that it won't be the last time you see them alive in this life. I am so grateful. That does not mean that he is not in hot water! ;)