Friday, July 11, 2008

Childhood Memories

Devil's slide is a natural formation of rock that looks like a big long slide. It really is a miracle.
We stopped by Devil's Slide. For a Bonus we got to be by some snow. That doesn't happen real often where we are living now.


When my family would travel, I remember that Devil's Slide was always something to look forward to. Now, being a child , I would think -- how would the devil slide down without hurting his bum?-- He is a spirit so he didn't have a bum to get hurt anyway.-- Then why does he have a slide?-- Does it lead to Hell? These thoughts would fly through my head every time. I don't think I ever shared that with anyone until now. You can probably understand why. he he So when we had a chance to let my kids be in awe of this wonder of a creation , I jumped at that chance. I just wonder what went through their heads. Guess I won't find out until they are thirty something. (Not gonna tell) :)

2 comments:

Phil and Kierstin said...

Great pictures. It's so good to see your family. And thanks so much for posting some of mom and dad and kara, I miss you all!

Phil and Kierstin said...

our blog address is
azpenningtons.blogspot.com