Wednesday, April 8, 2009
We had sad new in the family. Kristine, Michael's wife's mother died a few day ago. Her and Michael flew out to Oregon for the family and should be back Sunday or Monday. I went out to their house to check on the kids and they were doing wonderful. The house was clean the kids were fed and we got to just kick back, eat rice crispy treats and watch "Twilight". I really like Sci-fi movies and this one was really fun to pick apart. Conference was so good! I loved every bit of it! It was a really good pick-me-up for these last days that seem so full of hardship and tribulations. Life is good. Hope all is well with everyone. We would love to hear from all of you.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
18110 Lawrence 2092
Mt. Vernon, MO. 65712
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire post and paste into a new post. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then tagged some people and get to know them even better ......Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? We are lucky if we get it out of the Wal-mart bag! Wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real if we can afford it, but it has been an artificial one for a long time.
3. When do you put up the tree?Day after Halloween, but this years since Thanksgiving is at our house, Day after Thanksgiving!
4. When do you take the tree down? Mid January but as late as June. ha Ha
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes
6. Favorite gift received as a child? hot wheels cars, trucks and tractor.
7. Hardest person to buy for? No one is hard.
8. Easiest person to buy for?Kids between 2-9. Dinos, cars, baby dolls.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? What.... Christmas cards? What are those? Sorry to all, I have good intentions they just never make it to the post office. Actually its as bad as never getting off the store shelf. It is only a dream now days.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of one. Sorry to say, I just don't remember that long. Sad isn't it.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? If we have money, a week or two before, in we are poor, the day before. Weird, I know.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? sweet yams with lots of marshmallows
16. Lights on the tree? Of course
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Home usually.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes, but only if I sing the Rudolph the red nosed reindeer song. HEE HEE
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One the night before, the rest on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crowds and sour attitudes if anyone has to wait or is inconvenienced in anyway.
23. What theme or color are you using? That would take talent and organization to figure that out. Ha
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy and stuffing sweet yams, cranberry sauce and rolls oh and Pie and ice cream or whip cream or some kind of sweet topping.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Happy cheerful children and Husband... can I ask for that?
I tag everyone who reads our blog!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Rick and I and kids went to Nauvoo to help and see Grandpa Robinson get sealed to his parents in the temple. We were headed to see the sites on Sunday. I asked Rick to take out the diaper bag to the van (15 passenger hunk of a vehicle). For some reason he set it on the ground by the van. Our van was almost blocked in by another 15 pass van so Rick did some mighty fine maneuvering to get out of this drive way. He maneuvered right over the diaper bag and over the camera. So sad.
Then Rick surprised me with a new one for part of a late birthday/anniversary gift. It is better, prettier and just does more cool things. Even has a Charger so I don't have to keep buying batteries.
Make a long story not as long, I lost the charger somewhere. It is going to drive me crazy! I know I put it somewhere with Rick's phone charger so they " wouldn't get lost". AHHHHHH!!! So I decided to just start writing instead of only pictures. Turn it into a journal type thing along with a scrap book. I guess that is one way to start writing in a journal. So now with this blog we are going to get up close and personal at times!!! Hope to hear from all of you soon.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
This could be , perhaps, the sweetest kid ever. He turns 7 on October 25. Teancum is a very Happy-Go-Lucky kid. Not much phases him unless he is being teased. He helps everyone and anyone. He doesn't keep score with anyone and will usually forgive almost instantly. When he gets baptized next year , I think he won't have much to repent of ha ha. Good kid. Loves everyone. The best thing of all, he tells me I am the best mom in the whole universe. Isn't that all that really matters? I say...... Yes!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
There was ambosia salad, cake, cheesecake, hotdogs, baked beans . Its was entirely a yummy evening together.
Uncle Michael with his youngest #12 child, Elsa and #1 child Jarom.
Helaman and Moroni hanging out by the treats. Helaman is Mike and Kristine's #6 and Moroni is Rick and I's 5th. Food always makes them smile!
Cheylee and Kathrine and Kaitlyn. Goof offs!